Summer holidays are a time of relaxation, exploration and adventure. This is especially true if you are lucky enough to be going to the Algarve in Portugal. However, the build up to your summer holiday can be just as exciting and enjoyable as the holiday itself. After all, you want to give yourself the time to be excited about your upcoming trip. With a little planning and preparation, you can make the weeks leading up to your summer holiday just as enjoyable as the holiday itself.
How to Make the Most Out of Your Summer Holiday Build Up
A lot of people dread the lead up to their summer holiday, finding that the time goes slowly and the holiday feels as though it’s months and months away. However, the time before your holiday can actually be (almost!) as exciting as the trip itself. It’s a time to plan, pack and put everything in order before you jet off.
- Plan Ahead – The key to enjoying the build up to your summer holiday is to plan ahead. Set a budget, decide on a destination, and make a list of all the things you want to do while you are there. This will give you something to look forward to and help you stay motivated in the weeks leading up to your holiday.
- Learn About Your Destination – Research your destination and learn as much as you can about the local culture, history, and traditions. Read travel guides, watch documentaries, and immerse yourself in the language and culture of the country you’ll be visiting. This will not only help you appreciate your destination more but will also give you ideas for things to do and see when you get there.
- Create a Countdown – Create a countdown to your summer holiday by marking off the days on a calendar or creating a countdown on your phone or computer. This will help build anticipation and give you a visual reminder of how many days you have left until your holiday.
- Get in Shape – Getting in shape for your summer holiday is a great way to enjoy the build-up to your holiday. Exercise regularly and eat a healthy, balanced diet to get in shape and feel confident in your swimsuit or beachwear. This will also help you have more energy and enjoy your holiday more when you get there.
- Plan Pre-Holiday Activities – Plan pre-holiday activities to keep you busy and entertained in the weeks leading up to your summer holiday. This could be anything from a weekend getaway to a spa day or a night out with friends. These activities will help pass the time and give you something to look forward to before your holiday.
- Get Your Travel Documents in Order – Get your travel documents in order well in advance of your holiday. Make sure your passport is up-to-date, and you have any necessary visas or travel insurance. This will help you avoid last-minute stress and ensure that you’re ready to go when it’s time to leave. There’s a lot to think about when you’re planning a holiday, so tick your travel documents off the list as soon as possible.
- Pack Smart – Packing for your summer holiday can be stressful, but it can also be a fun way to get excited about your trip. Make a list of all the things you need to pack and start gathering them together in advance. This will help you feel more organised and prepared for your holiday.
- Share Your Plans with Friends and Family – Share your plans with friends and family and get them excited about your summer holiday. This could be as simple as sharing photos of your destination on social media or inviting friends over for a pre-holiday BBQ or dinner party. Sharing your plans will not only help you get more excited about your holiday but will also help you create lasting memories with the people you care about.
- Treat Yourself – Treat yourself to something special in the weeks leading up to your summer holiday. This could be a new outfit or a massage at your favourite spa. Treating yourself will help you feel relaxed and pampered, and it’s a great way to get in the holiday spirit.
- Take Time to Relax – Finally, take time to relax and enjoy the build up to your summer holiday. This could be as simple as taking a relaxing bath or reading a book. Taking time to unwind and de-stress will help you feel more relaxed and refreshed when you finally go on holiday.
Enjoying the build up to your summer holiday is all about planning ahead, staying active, and getting excited about your destination. By following these tips, you can make the weeks leading up to your holiday something to be excited about. There is no need to dread the lead up to your holiday, as the time often goes quicker than you realise, and there’s nothing quite like looking forward to a summer holiday. If you are heading to the Algarve, you could spend the time researching everything that the local area has to offer. There’s always something to see and do in the Algarve, so consider planning your days or making a rough itinerary. Not only will this get you excited about your trip, but it will help you to ensure that you’ve got time for everything. After all, you don’t want to get home and then realise you forgot a key beach, sight, landmark, attraction or activity.